I’m pretty sure I’m doing it wrong because it’s supposed to be a joke, but the premise for Kevin Smith’s “Tusk” terrifies me on a visceral level, like I’m really disturbed right now.
OK WHY NOT. Omg Prince Of Tennis. Oh the memories. XD
my “FOREVER” pairing
Hm, I wanna say Inui/Kaidoh? I shipped a bunch of stuff in POT, but man, these two. All I could ever think was that they were perfect for each other and belonged together. THAT ROMANTIC SCENE OF THEM HITTING THE WATER WITH TOWELS OK. Match made in heaven.
my “sometimes” pairing (if i’m in the mood)
Mizuki/Atobe. Basically Mizuki was my favorite person in the whole POT universe, and I could ship him with anyone, but there’s something special about two egotistical elitists finding each other. Atobe was everything Mizuki wanted to be, and Mizuki stops at nothing to get what he wants, so that’s always interesting.
my “friends-with-benefits” pairing
Everyone on that show was friends with benefits. No really. I mean, those tennis camps? Come on. XD
my “adele” pairing (“WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAAALL”)
I’m not sure. The only thing that comes close are Inui and his childhood sweetheart Renji, but I mean, I ship InuKai too hard for that.
Perhaps Atobe and his unrequited crush on Tezuka.
my “hate sex” pairing
Idk Kirihara and ANYONE? XD Basically I always thought he was pretty hot, but too much of an ass to ship him with anyone. So it would probably be hatesex in any incarnation. XD
my “working on it” pairing
I always thought getting Atobe, Sanada, and Tezuka into a room together would’ve been fun, and I think I even tried writing that, but it never really went anywhere.
my favorite threesome / poly ship
The aforementioned captains, I think. Also Mizuki and the Fuji brothers, but that’s more of a situation than an actual threesome XD
my platonic “their friendship is too precious to mess it up with romance” ship
Momo and Ryoma. I really liked Ryoma a lot, but I never found a ship that stuck.
Also Momo and Kaidoh, who were just the cutest.
my “i love it but don’t want it to happen” pairing
Again, none of these were happening (though it was a pretty fanservicy anime, so they were permanently almost happening XD). I don’t really have one for this.
my “it started out crack but now it’s serious and i regret everything” pairing
Atobe/Kamio! This was complete crackship that my friends and me came up with, and it turned out being really fun. Atobe is such a diva and Kamio is such a spunky little punk.
So uh, I guess No on the “regrets” part.
my endgame pairing
Inui/Kaidoh and Mizuki/Yuuta. Actually, Mizuki/Yuuta ended up being my favorite ship overall. It’s sweet to think that Mizuki found someone who was willing to see the best in him (even if he would frequently disappoint), and who’d go on all of his crazy capers with him. Yuuta’s devotion to him was so cute and I think Mizuki ultimately appreciated him a lot.
my “across time and space they will always find each other” pairing
Lolz omg I would never think of POT in those terms XD
There were many couples in that show that seemed very fated, though. Oishi and Eiji, Kamio and Shinji, Tezuka and Fuji, Inui and Kaidoh.
my “settling for second choice” pairing
I would’ve taken Mizuki with about anyone. XD
my “I don’t want to ship it but I do” pairing
I don’t think there really was one. Everyone on that show was so shippable, you couldn’t lose.
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
hit me up
let’s try this one again (save me from my work, guys)
I’ve been shipping non-canon pairings for so long I’ve completely forgotten what a kick it is to see your ship actually happen in canon.